Wednesday, March 31, 2010

ENCHANTED

This little merle Sheltie puppy is enchanted with the pink Bleeding Heart that is springing up out of the earth, and I'm enchanted with the puppy. I think it's safe to say that my husband and I love dogs - all dogs. But it is the Sheltie that turns us to mush and makes us putty in their paws. I've had Shelties as companions for over thirty years, longer than I've had my husband!
We both love their beautiful natures, clever minds, and gorgeous looks, and to see a Sheltie pup is to want one. But I must add that they are not for everyone. They are bossy, love pranks, and are often overly fond of their own voice. Did I mention the shedding? A Sheltie person has to love angorra everything. But if you love them, these are just minor inconveniences, vastly outweighed by the love and devotion these wonderful dogs give you.
"ENCHANTED" is a 6 x 8 watercolour, and I'm very pleased that I was able to portray the fluffiness and appeal of the puppy and the cool, rich colours of a spring garden. This painting is available.