Monday, September 6, 2010

Mini Monday Kitchen 1

This will be a quick post today because it is a holiday Monday. This is one wall of the kitchen, another very necessary room, and the first one that I put a lot of work into. I already had my indoor plumbing, but it sat in an unfinished room for quite a while as I worked on the kitchen. What's life without a good cup of tea and maybe some tea biscuits?
This room is a wing that needs to be added to the main house, but that will be one of the last things I do. I wanted a sunny yellow kitchen, as I like my kitchens to be cheerful. The floor tile was made from peel and stick tiles from the DYI store, and I hand-painted a section of duck stencilling for around the top of the walls and printed it out as many times as needed. The stencilling around the door (that I made without any pattern, same as the other doors in the house) was painted directly onto the wall. The wainscotting was a mistake, as now the sink and counter won't fit snugly against the wall. May have to do something about that! But not today.