Tuesday, December 14, 2010

SHELTIE WINTER


I'm way behind in posting to my blog. Things have been busy here at Sheltie Hollow. Commissions, painting my own visions, family responsibilities, Christmas preparations, and life in general have filled the days and evenings until I find that yet another day has gone past without doing a blog entry. I managed to fit in number 3 of my SHELTIE SEASONS series, and if you want to see SHELTIE AUTUMN, please go to my website's Sheltie Watercolor page. Or follow my art page on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Heather-Anderson-Animals-in-Art/178460752664?ref=nf
This painting I've posted today is one of my favorites. SHELTIE WINTER is an 11 x 14 watercolor, and even though I was working with a Bi-Blue Sheltie against a partially white background, I chose to accept the challenge of doing the entire paiting in watercolor as usual rather than using some gouache or acrylic. For areas where I needed white on a dark color, I used Titanium White right out of the tube. For the rest, I relied on a careful balance of shading.
I really enjoyed this series, and all 4 paintings will soonbe available as prints through Zazzle.
. . .. And I will try to keep my blog posting going strong in the new year!