Thursday, January 28, 2010

Moving Forward


The title says it all. Sometimes you just know it is time to pick up the reins and move forward, and for me, the time has come. I have an idea where I'm headed, but I know there will be lots of wonderful, serendipitous surprises along the path. It's not such a different path from the one I have been on . . . still painting dogs and horses and cats, still using watercolour, a little graphite now and then, and some coloured pencil, but the approach needs to be different. My approach to painting and my life in art needs to be a bit different too.
When new things are being gathered in, some old things have to go, and I'm doing some closet cleaning, so to speak. Things that haven't been working are on the way out, and new ideas and ways of doing things are being implemented. It's also time to houseclean the people who treat me in a negative way. After all, I have a wonderful cheering section (and I cheer for them right back) of friends who enrich my life, and I hope I enrich theirs. In this fast paced world, they are the ones with whom I want to spend time (real and cyber).
So as the New Year unfolds, I am moving forward with optimism and confidence. We'll see where this new trail leads.
This 8 x 10 quick graphite of a Morgan Horse is already sold, but small matted prints are available.