Thursday, March 24, 2011

LITTLE RAINBOWS


I've never really been a fan of Pollyanna (old Disney movie) - I mean, there are some days and situations where you just can't be happy, but I do share the character's love of prisms. Unlike Polly, I don't look for things to be happy about every day, but I do look for something beautiful every day, and that, for me at least, makes every day better - sometimes only by a little bit, but hey, it all counts.
For a few minutes every sunny day, one wall in my studio is filled with prisms, and I love seeing them there. I have a small crystal hung in my window, and it catches the light, throwing little rainbows everywhere. The prism is held by a golden winged horse . .. any surprises there?
Even on an unhappy day, these dancing rainbows bring me a moment of joy, and on a good day, they are a reason to rejoice in the beauty that is out there for all of us to discover.
And today? Oh, a good day! After being almost a month overdue for a haircut, by the end of the day, I will finally be able to see past my fringe. No more curtain of hair - it will be back to being a neat, swing of hair along side my face. Life is good.

No comments: